How to cook Lobster Tails and Clarified Butter (Microwave)
- 2 lobster tails (approximately 8 ounces / 227 g each)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) salted or unsalted melted butter
- 'Good' pinch curry powder or tarragon (optional, but not with Orange Liquor)
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) Brandy, Orange Liquor or lemon juice
- Into a measuring cup, microwave butter for 2 minutes, uncovered, on 'HIGH'.
- Cool using a slotted spoon, throw away foam on top.
- Milky deposit (clarified butter) will be at the bottom.
- Refrigerate clarified butter until ready to use.
- It will only take 20 to 40 seconds, in microwave, on 'HIGH', to reheat butter.
- If desired, before reheating butter, mix in approximately 1 teaspoon (5 mL) more Orange Liquor, Brandy, lemon or lime juice.
Oven: 700 watts
Preparation time: 7 minutes
Cooking time: 6 minutes
It is cheaper to buy lobster tails than whole lobsters, as there is not too much meat to eat in a whole lobster once everything else has been discarded. Lobster tails really are easy to microwave.
This recipe for Lobster Tails and Clarified Butter (Microwave) serves/makes: 2
The Lobster Tails and Clarified Butter (Microwave) recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Lobster
Preparation Method: Microwave