How to cook Lobster and Corn Chowder
- 1 (about 1 1/2 pounds) fresh lobster
- 4 cups light cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1 cup cream style corn
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook and pick your lobsters.
- Put the shells and bodies into a saucepan with the light cream. Bring to a boil , lower the heat and simmer for 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Melt butter in large saucepan and add potatoes, onions and corns. Sauté over medium low heat until the onions are translucent.
- Strain the cream over the vegetables and throw away the shells.
- Stir in the lobster meat, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve the Lobster and Corn Chowder hot with crusty French or Italian bread.
The Lobster and Corn Chowder recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Lobster and Corn Chowder serves/makes: 4 servings
The Lobster and Corn Chowder recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Lobster
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew