8 - 10 servings
How to cook Lobster and Tomalley Stew
- 4 fresh lobsters (about 1 1/2 pounds each)
- Tomalley (lobster green liver)
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup onion
- 10 cloves garlic
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons Madeira
- 6 cups heavy cream
- 3 cups light cream
- Pepper to taste
- 1 cheesecloth
- Cook and pick your lobsters.
- Remove tomalley from the lobster body. In a large saucepan, melt 6 tablespoons of butter and add tomalley, onion, garlic, pepper, 2 tablespoons of Madeira and sauté until onions are soft.
- Add remaining 4 tablespoons of butter, heavy cream, light cream, and remaining 2 cups of Madeira. Stir to combine and add lobster meat.
- Tie lobster shells in the cheesecloth and let soak in the stew for 3 to 5 hours or longer. The longer it simmers, the more flavorful.
The Lobster and Tomalley Stew recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Lobster and Tomalley Stew serves/makes: 8 - 10 servings
The Lobster and Tomalley Stew recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Lobster
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew