About 20 melts
How to cook Lobster or Crab Melts
- 1 (8-ounce) package imitation lobster or imitation crab meat
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- About 20 small thin slices of bread, from a loaf of party bread
- Shred or chop lobster or crab meat. Mix with all ingredients, except the bread.
- Place bread slices on cookie sheet. Place under broiler 5 to 6 inches from heat until lightly toasted. Turn bread slices over to other side.
- Spread each slice with about 1 tablespoon of the lobster or crab meat mixture.
- Broil 5 to 6 inches from heat until bubbly, about 2 minutes.
- Arrange the Lobster or Crab Melts on a plate and serve immediately.
The Lobster or Crab Melts recipe easy to prepare and so good!
I would suggest making the lobster or crab mixture and the toasts for the Melts in advance. Don't assemble them until you are ready to serve... and then just quickly assemble them and broil them. The toasts are fine stored at room temperature, but the lobster or crab mixture should be refrigerated.
This recipe for Lobster or Crab Melts serves/makes: About 20 melts
The Lobster or Crab Melts recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Lobster
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled