How to cook Lobster with Sherry
- 2 cans lobster or 10 ounces (284 g) frozen lobster or lobster tails
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) flour
- 2 cups (500 mL) light cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) salt
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) dry Sherry
- Into a 6-cup (1.5-L) microwave-safe dish, melt butter for 1 minute on 'HIGH'.
- Well stir in flour.
- Pour in cream microwave for 3 to 4 minutes on 'HIGH', until thick and creamy, stirring twice.
- Slowly whip in beaten egg, until well blended.
- Well drain and cut lobster meat into cubes.
- Stir in salt and Sherry mix in lobster meat.
- Microwave, uncovered, for 3 minutes, on 'HIGH'.
- Check for seasonings and serve.
Oven: 700 watts
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
Trick: Try serving this mixture into flaky pastry shells, over toasted, buttered crusty bread or over boiled rice with parsley.
If using frozen lobster tails, leave lobster tails to thaw while preparing sauce.
This recipe for Lobster with Sherry serves/makes: 2
The Lobster with Sherry recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Lobster
Preparation Method: Microwave