How to cook Louisiana Plaice Fillets
- 1 1/2 pounds (680 g) plaice fillets
- 1/2 pound (227 g) fresh crab meat or 1 (8-ounces / 227-g) can crab meat, with juices
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) minced green onion
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) minced parsley
- 1 medium -size onion, minced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) crushed soda crackers
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) salt
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) cream or milk
- Parsley (to decorate)
- Lime or lemon slices (to decorate)
- Cut fish into 6 servings lightly wipe fish with paper toweling.
- Arrange fish into a glass 7 x 11-inch (18 x 28-cm) dish.
- Transfer butter or margarine into a dish add green onion, parsley and onion.
- Microwave for 2 minutes on 'MAXIMUM'.
- Mix well microwave for 2 minutes more, on 'MEDIUM-MAXIMUM'.
- Mix in crab meat, with juices if canned.
- Mix in crushed soda crackers, curry powder, pepper, salt, egg white and cream or milk.
- Mix well.
- Evenly spread mixture over.
- Cover with waxed paper.
- Microwave on 'MAXIMUM' for 5 minutes, until fish is easily broken-up with a fork.
- Garnish with parsley and lime or lemon slices.
Oven: 700 watts
Preparation time: 9 minutes
Cooking time: 9 minutes
If desired, use sole
instead of plaice
fillets and canned salmon
instead of crab
Small fresh trouts
can also be cooked this way.
This recipe for Louisiana Plaice Fillets serves/makes: 6
The Louisiana Plaice Fillets recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Flounder/Plaice
Preparation Method: Microwave