3 - 4
How to cook Mackerel Quimper Style
- 2 whole very fresh mackerel (about 10 ounces / 300 g each)
- 1-2 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fines herbs (parsley, chives and tarragon - the taste of tarragon should be pleasantly dominant in the sauce)
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 egg yolks
- Salt and pepper
- Gut the mackerel and cook in a strongly seasoned court bouillon.
- Take the mackerel out of the water, let it cool and lift the fillets.
- Take a tablespoonful of Dijon mustard and combine this with two egg yolks.
- Mix carefully, add vinegar, salt, pepper and fines herbs and stir well.
- Melt a little butter until it is just lukewarm. Pour it into the sauce, which should assume a creamy consistency like mayonnaise.
- Arrange the mackerel fillets around a platter and pour the sauce into the middle and decorate the whole with sprigs of parsley.
The French name of this recipe is Maquereaux a la Facon de Quimper
This recipe for Mackerel Quimper Style serves/makes: 3 - 4
The Mackerel Quimper Style Recipe adopted from the book North Atlantic Seafood.
Main Ingredient: Mackerel
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered