How to cook Mackerel in Mushroom Sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds mackerel fillets
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup pickled or salted mushrooms (with a brine)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste or 6 tablespoons tomatoes juice
- 5 ounces + 2 tablespoons fish broth
- 3 teaspoons flour
- Salt and freshly grated black pepper to taste
- Rinse the fish under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Cut into small dices.
- In a frying pan with high edges or a saucepan heat olive oil.
- Add the pickled mushrooms with a brine, tomato paste, salt, and pepper.
- Pour in 5 ounces of fish broth.
- Add mackerel and simmer until the fish is done.
- When the fish is almost ready, add 3 teaspoons of flour dissolved in 2 tablespoons of fish broth.
- Bring to a boil and turn off.
- Serve the Mackerel in Mushroom Sauce hot steamed plain rice or mashed potatoes.
Cooking time: 25 minutes
The Mackerel in Mushroom Sauce is quick, trouble-free and delicious combination of mushrooms and fish.
This recipe for Mackerel in Mushroom Sauce serves/makes: 4 servings
The Mackerel in Mushroom Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mackerel
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew