How to cook Mackerel with Turmeric and Nutmeg
- 1 large mackerel
- 1 onion, cut into rings
- 1 tablespoon grated cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1/3 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- Gut the fish, cut off the head. (The important thing is to remove the black film lining the cavity. You can either pull the edge of it with your fingers or scrape it off with a knife.)
- Rinse the fish well with cold water inside and out. Dry the cleaned fish with paper towels. Cut into 2-inch pieces.
- Pour olive oil into a saucepan, place the fish pieces. Top with onion rings, add turmeric powder and ground nutmeg.
- Simmer about 10 minutes, turn and simmer another 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from heat, sprinkle the cooked.fish with the grated cheese.
- Serve Mackerel with Turmeric and Nutmeg hot with easy side dish.
The Mackerel with Turmeric and Nutmeg
recipe very easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Mackerel with Turmeric and Nutmeg serves/makes: 2 servings
The Mackerel with Turmeric and Nutmeg recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mackerel
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered