How to cook Madrid Fried Mackerel in Marinade
- 3 mackerel (about 2 pounds total weight)
- 3 ounces olive oil
- Flour for breading
- 5-6 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- Gut the fish, cut off the head and tail. Rinse the fish well with cold water inside and out. Pat dry the cleaned fish with paper towels.
- Cut the fish into portion size pieces. Roll in flour and place in a deep skillet with hot oil. Quickly fry until light golden color on both sides.
- Transfer the fried fish to a plate and set aside.
- To prepare the marinade: fry the whole garlic cloves in the same skillet; add paprika and bay leaves. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Next, add vinegar, a little water, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Lay back the fish into the skillet with marinade. Simmer for 5 minutes, covered with a lid.
- Serve the Madrid Fried Mackerel in Marinade hot with boiled or mashed potatoes and fresh vegetable salad of your choice.
The Madrid Fried Mackerel in Marinade
recipe very easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Madrid Fried Mackerel in Marinade serves/makes: 4 servings
The Madrid Fried Mackerel in Marinade recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mackerel
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed