2 - 3
How to cook Malaysian Assam Black Pomfret
- 1 whole (about 1 pound) black pomfret
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 packet Assam pedas (any brand)
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1 can (7ounces / 200 g) pineapple chunks
- Clean the black pomfret of scales. Salt the fish inside and out.
- Follow the instructions in the packet of assam pedas premix, add in the black pomfret. Cover and cook until fish is cooked through.
- Adjust taste with tamarind juice if not sour enough, sugar and salt according to taste.
- Add in tomatoes and pineapple chunks and bring gravy back to the boil.
- Serve the Malaysian Assam Black Pomfret hot with white rice.
The Malaysian Assam Black Pomfret dish is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Malaysian Assam Black Pomfret serves/makes: 2 - 3
The Malaysian Assam Black Pomfret recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Pomfret
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered