How to cook Malaysian Assam Mackerel Delimas
- 1 pound Spanish mackerel steaks
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut to preferred sizes
- 4 unripe peaches
- 4 ounces okra (lady fingers), fresh or frozen
- 1 packet Delimas Assam Seafood Paste* (7ounces / 200 g)
- In a microwave-safe bowl, stir the packet of Delimas Assam Seafood Paste with a cup of water.
- Put in the Spanish mackerel steaks, cover and cook on high for 4 - 5 minutes.
- Add in the peaches and cook for 1-2 minutes (the peaches should be fork tender).
- Add in the okra and tomatoes. Cook for 1 minute to warm up the vegetables.
- Serve the Malaysian Assam Mackerel Delimas with white rice.
The Malaysian Assam Mackerel Delimas recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
Can be ready in 10 minutes.
*Delimas Assam Seafood Paste is a Malaysian premium traditional tamarind spicy and sour paste that is widely used to cook Assam seafood dishes in Malaysia. (Ingredients: cooking oil, onion, galangal, lemon grass, sugar, chilli, salt, garlic, tamarind, ginger flower, ginger, turmeric, and kaffir lime leave.)
This recipe for Malaysian Assam Mackerel Delimas serves/makes: 4
The Malaysian Assam Mackerel Delimas recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mackerel
Preparation Method: Microwave