How to cook Malaysian Shark in Sour Sauce
- 2 pounds shark (or another sea white fish) fillets, cut into small pieces
- 4 green chilies
- Piece of ginger root, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- Handful spring onions, chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons tamarind pulp
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Puree the chilies with the ginger, the garlic and the sugar. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the shark, the tamarind and the onion. Stir and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the spring onion and serve with steamed rice.
The Malaysian Shark in Sour Sauce recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Malaysian name for the Shark in Sour Sauce dish is Sambal Daeng Yu
. This is a recipe from Sabah, on the island of Borneo, which is shared between Malaysia and Indonesia.
This recipe for Malaysian Shark in Sour Sauce serves/makes: 6
The Malaysian Shark in Sour Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shark
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered