How to cook Malaysian Sour and Hot Red Snapper
- 2 pounds red snapper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemongrass
- 1 inch ginger, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 medium dried chiles, crumbled
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 medium shallot, sliced
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- Heat oil in skillet, add lemongrass, ginger, garlic, chiles, onion and shallots.
- Fry for 3 minutes. Add fish and fry for 2 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- Mix remaining ingredients, pour over the fish and simmer over low for 5 minutes.
- Serve the Malaysian Sour and Hot Red Snapper with steamed rice.
This recipe for Malaysian Sour and Hot Red Snapper serves/makes: 4
The Malaysian Sour and Hot Red Snapper recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Snapper
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed