How to cook Malaysian Steamed Prawns
- 2 pounds large prawns (shrimps)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 piece of ginger root, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Soy sauce
- Mustard or wasabi
- Mix the white wine with the onion, the salt and the ginger and marinate the prawns for 1 hour.
- Steam them in a steaming pan for five minutes.
- Mix the soy sauce and mustard or wasabi for dipping sauce and serve the steamed prawns with the sauce on the side.
The Malaysian Steamed Prawns recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This is a recipe from Sabah, on the island of Borneo, which is shared between Malaysia and Indonesia.
This recipe for Malaysian Steamed Prawns serves/makes: 4
The Malaysian Steamed Prawns recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Steamed