How to cook Maltese Baked Sea Bream
- 2 whole sea bream (or sea bass, walleye), about 3/4 pound each
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- 1 bunch of dill, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1 large lemon, cut into half rings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup white wine
- Clean the fish, remove the entrails and gills. Rinse the fish under running cold water and wipe with a paper towel.
- Rub the fish with Kosher salt and pepper.
- Mix chopped carrot, bell pepper, parsley and dill. Stuff the fish with the vegetable mixture.
- Arrange in a baking dish layers of lemon half rings, stuffed fish and lemon again.
- Rub the fish with butter and pour the wine. Cover with foil and place in the oven for about 20 minutes at 400°F (200°C).
- Then remove the foil, increase the temperature and wait for golden brown about 5 minutes.
- Serve the Maltese Baked Sea Bream hot with mashed potatoes.
The Maltese Baked Sea Bream
recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Maltese Baked Sea Bream serves/makes: 2 servings
The Maltese Baked Sea Bream recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Bream
Preparation Method: Baked