How to cook Marinated Beer Battered Fish
- 3 pounds grouper or snook fillets, cut into fingers
- 1 (16-ounce) bottle French salad dressing
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 cups biscuit mix
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups beer
- Vegetable oil
- Lemon rind curls, to garnish (optional)
- Parsley sprigs, to garnish (optional)
- Bold and Spicy Tartar Sauce, to serve (recipe follows)
Bold and Spicy Tartar Sauce Ingredients:
- Place fish fingers in a 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Pour salad dressing over fish; cover and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours.
- Drain fish, and dredge in flour. Set fish aside.
- To prepare batter combine biscuit mix, eggs, baking powder, and beer in a medium-size mixing bowl; stir until smooth.
- Dip each fish finger into batter; fry in deep, hot oil 375°F (190°C) for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Drain on paper towels.
- Garnish fish fingers with lemon rind curls and parsley sprigs, if desired. Serve with Bold and Spicy Tartar Sauce.
How to cook Bold and Spicy Tartar Sauce
Makes 2 1/2 cups
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup diced dill pickles
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- Combine all sauce ingredients, stirring well.
- Chill overnight.
- Serve with fried fish.
The Marinated Beer Battered Fish recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Marinated Beer Battered Fish serves/makes: 10 servings
The Marinated Beer Battered Fish recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Grouper
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried