4 - 6
How to cook Marinated Fish Cooked in Spiced Oil
- 2 pounds halibut steaks
- 3/4 cups olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of saffron threads, crushed
- Black olives and lemon quarters, to garnish
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- To make the marinade, crush the garlic with a large pinch of salt then mix with the spices.
- Rub each halibut steak with the marinade then put in a single layer in a heavy baking dish and leave in a cool place for 6 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Mix the oil with the ginger and saffron.
- Pour over the marinated halibut, cover and bake for about 20-25 minutes until the fish flakes easily.
- Serve the baked halibut garnished with olives and lemons.
The Tunisian name for Marinated Fish Cooked in Spiced Oil recipe is Poisson En Tajine Mqualli
. This African recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This Tunisian (African) dish is a classic. Feel free to switch around the fish to one of your liking halibut can be replaced by hake, cod
or gray mullet in this recipe. Serve with the your favorite salad.
This recipe for Marinated Fish Cooked in Spiced Oil serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Marinated Fish Cooked in Spiced Oil recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Halibut
Preparation Method: Baked