How to cook Marinated Fried Porgies
- 3 pounds fresh whole porgies (scup)
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup virgin olive oil for frying
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 small onion
- 1/4 tablespoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges and parsley sprigs (for garnish)
- Clean and scale whole fish, pat dry.
- Fry in 1/2 cup olive oil.
- Remove form pan and drain on paper.
- Brown onion and garlic in 1/2 cup olive oil, add vinegar, wine, salt, pepper, and sage.
- Place the fried porgies in casserole.
- Pour marinade over them and let stand 24 hours.
- Garnish platter and fish with lemon wedges and parsley sprigs if desired.
- Serve the Marinated Fried Porgy cold.
The Marinated Fried Porgy is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
, also known as scup, is a lean fish with a coarse texture and delicate flavor, consisting of a large family of fish found in temperate and tropical waters all over the world.
This recipe for Marinated Fried Porgies serves/makes: 4 servings
The Marinated Fried Porgies recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Porgy
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed