2 or 3
How to cook Marinated Salmon - Scandinavian Cuisine
- 3 to 4 pounds (1.5 to 2 kg) fresh salmon, whole or sliced
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) cider vinegar or white wine
- 2 cups (500 mL) white wine
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) pickling salt
- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 cloves
- 1 tablespoons (15 mL) dried dill or dill seeds, or 6 to 10 sprigs fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) peppercorns
- In a microwave-safe dish with a lid, large enough to hold the fish, mix together cider vinegar or white wine, white wine, onion slices, pickling salt, carrot slices, cloves, dried dill or dill seeds or sprigs and peppercorns.
- Cover dish microwave mixture for 6 minutes on 'HIGH'.
- Add and turn salmon in liquid mixture.
- Cover dish microwave on 'MEDIUM', for 5 minutes per pound (454 g).
- Fish is cooked on 'MEDIUM' as it should not boil.
- Leave to cool for 20 minutes refrigerate fish, still in broth, well covered.
- Serve, really cold.
Oven: 700 watts
Preparation time: 12 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes per pound (454 g)
Waiting time: 20 minutes
This recipe for Marinated Salmon - Scandinavian Cuisine serves/makes: 2 or 3
The Marinated Salmon - Scandinavian Cuisine recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Salmon
Preparation Method: Microwave