How to cook Marinated Scallops with Smoked Salmon
- Fresh or thawed scallops (quantities vary according to the size of the scallops)
- Smoked salmon slices (large enough to line each individual dish, before adding marinated scallops, and then wrap marinated scallops)
- Prepare marinade.
- Marinate scallops in mixture for 4 to 6 hours.
- Mix together all salad dressing ingredients (sweet mustard, hot mustard, white vinegar, sugar, sunflower oil and freshly chopped dill sprig).
- To serve, line individual dishes with a slice of smoked salmon.
- Fill eah dish with marinated scallops wrap marinated scallops with smoked salmon.
- Pour salad dressing all over serve.
How to cook Marinade
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) crushed green peppercorns
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 fresh dill sprigs
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) olive oil
Salad dressing Ingredients:
- Mix together Dijon mustard, lime juice, crushed green peppercorns, salt, pepper and dill sprigs.
- Very slowly pour in olive oil, stirring.
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) sweet mustard
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) hot mustard
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) freshly chopped dill sprigs
If desired, omit smoked salmon and salad dressing simply serve scallops over lettuce leaves.
This recipe for Marinated Scallops with Smoked Salmon serves/makes: 4
The Marinated Scallops with Smoked Salmon recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Scallops
Preparation Method: Marinated/Uncooked