How to cook Marinated Smoked Herring Fillets
- 2 whole smoked herrings
- Boiling water
- Place smoked herrings in boiling water for 1 to 2 minutes remove herrings from water.
- Cut off heads, skin and bone herrings.
- Mix together all marinade ingredients, except for oil and wine vinegar.
- Pour mixed marinade ingredients over smoked herrings cover smoked herrings with oil and wine vinegar.
- Macerate smoked herrings, refrigerated, for 48 hours.
- Keep marinated smoked herrings refrigerated.
- 2 medium-size onions, sliced into rings
- 1 parsley sprig
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 thyme sprig
- 1 bay leaf (to be removed before serving)
- 6 peppercorns
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) oil (to taste)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) wine vinegar
Serve the Marinated Smoked Herring Fillets along with cucumber slices, radishes, olives and pickled tiny onions.
This recipe for Marinated Smoked Herring Fillets serves/makes: 4
The Marinated Smoked Herring Fillets recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Herring
Preparation Method: Marinated/Uncooked