4 - 6
How to cook Maryland Easy Oyster Stew
- 1 pint freshly shucked oysters with liquor
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup cooked minced celery
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3 cups milk
- Dash of salt
- Paprika or seafood seasoning, optional
- Melt butter in the top part of a double boiler over boiling water, and lightly saute celery. The pan should be over and not in the water.
- Add oysters with liquor, half-and-half, milk, and salt.
- Cook slowly until the edges of the oysters just begin to curl and the half-and-half/milk mixture is hot. The oysters will float.
- Sprinkle the oyster stew lightly with paprika or seafood seasoning (if desired), and serve immediately.
The Maryland Easy Oyster Stew recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Maryland Easy Oyster Stew serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Maryland Easy Oyster Stew recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Oysters
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew