How to cook Maryland Individual Flounder Fillets in Crust
- 4 flounder fillets (about 4 to 6 ounces each)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablepsoon light cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Generous sprinkling of freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of paprika
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup corn oil
- 4 large plain or seeded, hard club rolls, or small sub/hero rolls
- 1 small sweet pickle, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons homemade mayonnaise, or store bought
- 1 large ripe tomato, coarsely chopped and drained
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Wipe flounder fillets with damp cloth.
- Beat egg with cream in a small bowl. Mix salt, black pepper, and paprika into flour on waxed paper. Dip fillets in egg and then in flour.
- Heat oil in a medium-sized heavy skillet until just sizzling. Reduce heat. Fry fish for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Remove fish from skillet and drain on paper towels.
- Split rolls in half and scoop out soft centers from each side of rolls to make a shell.
- Thoroughly mix pickle, onion, mustard, and mayonnaise in a small bowl. Spread mixture on each half of rolls. Then place a fish fillet on each roll. Spoon chopped tomatoes over fish fillets.
- Press halves together and brush rolls with melted butter. Wrap rolls in foil and bake for 10 minutes until heated through.
- Remove foil and serve the Maryland Individual Flounder Fillets in Crust immediately.
The Maryland Individual Flounder Fillets in Crust recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Maryland Individual Flounder Fillets in Crust serves/makes: 4
The Maryland Individual Flounder Fillets in Crust recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Flounder/Plaice
Preparation Method: Baked