How to cook Maryland Lazy-Fried Oysters
- 1 pint shucked oysters, drained, oyster liquor may be reserved for another use
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups dry pancake mix
- Salt, to taste
- 4 cups corn oil*, for frying
- Put pancake mix in a large bowl. Add oysters, 3 or 4 at a time, and toss lightly until well coated with pancake mix. Put oysters in a wire basket and shake off excess mix.
- Heat corn oil in a large heavy skillet or Dutch oven. A piece of bread dropped into the oil will turn golden brown when the temperature is just right.
- Fry oysters until golden brown, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Remove from skillet or Dutch oven with tongs or a slotted spoon, and drain on paper towels. Season with salt to taste.
- Serve the Maryland Lazy-Fried Oysters immediately with lemon wedges, hot tomato sauce, and tartar sauce.
The Maryland Lazy-Fried Oysters recipe easy to prepare and so good!
*Oil may be strained, refrigerated in a tightly covered container, and used again, but only for fried oysters and other oyster dishes.
This recipe for Maryland Lazy-Fried Oysters serves/makes: 4
The Maryland Lazy-Fried Oysters recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Oysters
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed