How to cook Maryland Oyster Fritters
- 1 pint oysters, reserving liquor
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- Oil, for frying
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, pepper and celery seed. In another bowl mix egg and milk.
- Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and beat until you have a smooth batter. Stir in oysters and liquor.
- Pour oil into a fry pan to about 1-inch depth. Heat to medium-high (365°F / 185°C). Using a large spoon (or 2 small), scoop out 3 to 4 oysters with batter and drop into hot oil. Fry until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Drain the oyster fritters on paper towels and serve hot.
The Maryland Oyster Fritters recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Maryland Oyster Fritters serves/makes: 4
The Maryland Oyster Fritters recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Oysters
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed