4 (3 skewers for each person)
How to cook Maryland Oyster Kebabs
- 24 large shucked oysters, drained, oyster liquor may be reserved for another use
- 6 slices bacon, cut in 4 pieces
- 4 ripe, firm, medium tomatoes, each cut in 6 wedges
- 24 pimiento-stuffed olives
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 12 skewers
Baked Rice In Chicken Broth Ingredients:
- Preheat broiler for approximately 10 minutes.
- Arrange 1 piece of bacon, 1 oyster, 1 tomato wedge, and 1 olive alternately on each skewer. Repeat so that skewers will hold 2 of each ingredient. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and paprika.
- Arrange filled skewers in a single layer in a shallow baking dish. Broil approximately 3 inches from heat until bacon is crisp, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from broiler and serve the Maryland Oyster Kebabs immediately, 3 skewers for each person.
- Baked Rice in Chicken Broth (see the recipe below) is a good accompaniment for the oyster kebabs.
How to cook Baked Rice In Chicken Broth
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup raw rice
- 2 cups boiling chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon warm heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Saute onion in butter in medium-size ovenproof casserole, with a tight-fitting cover, until golden.
- When onion is golden, stir in rice and coat well. Mix in boiling chicken broth.
- Cover casserole and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Combine melted butter and warm cream, and gently stir into rice before serving.
The Maryland Oyster Kebabs recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Maryland Oyster Kebabs serves/makes: 4 (3 skewers for each person)
The Maryland Oyster Kebabs recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Oysters
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled