How to cook Maryland Perch Fillets in Tomato Sauce
- 2 pounds white perch fillets, cut in serving pieces
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 large stalk celery with leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Saute onion in butter and oil in a medium-size heavy skillet until golden. Add garlic, celery, green pepper, and carrot and cook until tender-crisp. Stir in tomato sauce, chopped tomatoes, wine, bay leaf, and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer sauce for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Wipe perch fillets with a damp cloth. Oil a shallow baking dish large enough to hold fillets in a single layer.
- Arrange fillets in baking dish and pour tomato sauce over them. Bake for approximately 25 minutes, until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve the Maryland Perch Fillets in Tomato Sauce immediately, piping hot.
- Fish and sauce may be spooned over plain steamed white rice.
The Maryland Perch Fillets in Tomato Sauce recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Maryland Perch Fillets in Tomato Sauce serves/makes: 6
The Maryland Perch Fillets in Tomato Sauce recipe is adopted from The Chesapeake Bay Fish & Fowl Cookbook by Joan & Joe Foley.
Main Ingredient: Perch
Preparation Method: Baked