How to cook Maryland Snow White Crab Mousse
- 1 pound lump crab meat
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, homemade or store bought
- 1 small stalk celery, minced
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and finely diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash of paprika
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning or other seafood seasoning
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Bunch of watercress
- 1/4 cup pitted green olives, sliced*
- Sprinkle gelatin on 1/4 cup cold water in the top part of a double boiler. Place over boiling water until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Stir gelatin into lime juice and mayonnaise, and chill for 15 minutes.
- Combine celery and cucumber in a medium-size bowl. Gently mix in crab meat. Season with salt, paprika, and seafood seasoning. Stir gelatin and blend into crab meat.
- Whip cream in a small bowl until stiff, and gently fold in with crab meat mixture.
- Pour mixture into an attractive buttered mold, and chill thoroughly until firm. Unmold crab meat on a bed of watercress.
- Garnish the Maryland Snow White Crab Mousse the with sliced olives.
The Maryland Snow White Crab Mousse recipe easy to prepare and so good!
*Pimiento-stuffed olives, coarsely chopped, may be used instead of pitted green olives for garnish. Sprinkle them over the mousse.
This recipe for Maryland Snow White Crab Mousse serves/makes: 6
The Maryland Snow White Crab Mousse recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Crab
Preparation Method: Aspic/Chilled