4 - 6 servings
How to cook Mediterranean Fried Mackerel
- 4-6 skin-on mackerel fillets (or any firm, white-fleshed fish fillets)
- Olive oil for frying
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pound plum tomatoes, cut into thick rings
- 5 ounces dry white wine
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 8-10 pitted black olives, cut into rings
- A handful of basil leaves, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly grated black pepper to taste
- Sugar to taste
- Rinse the fish under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut the fish into half and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the fish pieces over medium heat about 1-2 minutes per side. (Fry the fish in batches.)
- Transfer the fried marinated to a plate and place aside.
- Add onions in the frying pan and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and stir fry for another 3 minutes.
- Then add garlic and olives, pour wine and simmer until the smell of alcohol has disappeared, about 5 minutes.
- Adjust the taste with salt and sugar if necessary.
- Put the fried mackerel in the pan and heat up for a couple of minutes.
- Serve with hot broiled potatoes, mashed potatoes, steamed plain rice or the accompaniment of your choice.
The Mediterranean Fried Mackerel
recipe very easy to cook and very tasty too!
This recipe for Mediterranean Fried Mackerel serves/makes: 4 - 6 servings
The Mediterranean Fried Mackerel recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mackerel
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed