3 - 4
How to cook Mexican Baked Red Snapper
- 1 pound red snapper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 bell pepper (red, green, or yellow), thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 teaspoon (or to taste) jalapeño or Serrano Chile, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 lemon sliced
- Sliced avocado and Cilantro sprigs for garnish
- Place red snapper fillets in shallow baking dish.
- Sauté onion, bell pepper, and garlic in olive oil until vegetables are limp.
- Add herbs, salt, pepper, tomatoes, and lemon juice.
- Pour this mixture over fish and arrange lemon slices over top.
- Cover tightly and bake at 325 degrees F for 25-30 minutes, just until fish turns opaque in center and begins to flake.
- During last 5 minutes, check for doneness and add liquid if needed.
- Continue to bake uncovered until fish is done.
- Garnish with sliced avocado and cilantro sprigs.
This recipe for Mexican Baked Red Snapper serves/makes: 3 - 4
The Mexican Baked Red Snapper recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Snapper
Preparation Method: Baked