How to cook Mexican Barbecued Red Snapper
- 4 red snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped, peeled tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- Dash of white pepper
- 2 teaspoons margarine, melted
- Wipe fish dry with paper toweling; arrange fish into a square 8-inch (20-cm) glass or ceramic dish.
- In a bowl, melt butter or margarine for 1 minute on 'MAXIMUM'.
- Mix in mushroom slices, chopped green onions, minced parsley, lime or lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Microwave for 2 minutes on 'MAXIMUM'.
- Mix well; evenly mixture pour over fish.
- Cover dish with waxed paper.
- Microwave on 'MEDIUM' for 6 to 7 minutes, until fish is easily broken-up with a fork.
- Serve, along with lime or lemon wedges.
This recipe for Mexican Barbecued Red Snapper serves/makes: 4
The Mexican Barbecued Red Snapper recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Snapper
Preparation Method: Microwave