How to cook Mexican Red Snapper Pescado
- 6 Red snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tomato sauce
Tomato Sauce Ingredients:
- Twenty minutes before serving, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Rinse the Red Snapper fillets, pat dry and season with salt and pepper. Melt butter in skillet and brown Red Snapper fillets slightly on both sides.
- Transfer to a greased baking dish. Spoon tomato sauce to completely cover Red Snapper fillets. Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake 10 to 15 minutes.
How to cook Tomato Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
- 2 pounds tomatoes, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup green olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oil in large saucepan.
- Add garlic and onion, saute for about 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Add the bell pepper and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, bay leaves and oregano.
- Return to a boil, cover and cook on low heat for about 8 minutes.
- Add olives, capers and cook another 5 minutes.
- Correct seasonings, remove from heat.
- Remove bay leaves and set mixture aside.
This recipe for Mexican Red Snapper Pescado serves/makes: 6
The Mexican Red Snapper Pescado recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Snapper
Preparation Method: Baked