6 - 8
How to cook Mexican Seviche (Raw Fish Salad)
- 1 1/2 pounds very fresh whitefish fillets
- 1 cup (about 4 limes) fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon whole thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 green or red bell pepper, cleaned and chopped
- Tabasco or Chinese red chili paste with garlic
- Fresh-ground black pepper to taste
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- Cut the fish into very thin, small slices. Marinate in the lime juice for 1 1/2 hours.
- Mix together the olive oil, garlic, oregano, thyme, coriander, Tabasco or chili paste, and black pepper for the dressing.
- After the fish has marinated, blend in the pepper, green onions, tomatoes, and dressing. Stir gently to blend. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- Place the salad on a big bed of lettuce and garnish it with avocado slices.
- Serve with a dry white wine and some dark bread, and you have a whole meal with great flavor, very little oil...and no additional salt is necessary.
The Mexican Seviche (Raw Fish Salad) recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
Ceviche (also spelled as cebiche, seviche or cevice) is a form of citrus marinated seafood salad, popular in many Latin American countries, originating in the Viceroyalty of Peru.
This recipe for Mexican Seviche (Raw Fish Salad) serves/makes: 6 - 8
The Mexican Seviche (Raw Fish Salad) recipe is adopted from The Book of Latin American Cooking by Elisabeth Lambert Ortiz 1994.
Main Ingredient: Whitefish
Preparation Method: Marinated/Uncooked