How to cook Mexican Shrimps Vallarta
- 1 1/2 pounds (680 g) medium-size fresh shrimps
- Juice of 1 or 2 limes
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) pickling salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons (30 to 45 mL) vegetable oil
- Fresh lime quarters
- Half shrimps lengthwise.
- Remove veins, until cold water.
- Pat dry shrimps with paper toweling arrange shrimps into a pie plate.
- Sprinkle generously cut side of shrimps with lime juice sprinkle with salt.
- Refrigerate for a few hours.
- Just before serving, pour oil into a pie plate to heat, microwave vegetable oil for 2 minutes, on 'HIGH'.
- Arrange approximately half of shrimps into preheated oil microwave on 'HIGH' until pink, approximately 3 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining shrimps.
- Serve the Mexican Shrimps Vallarta really hot, circled with fresh lime quarters.
Oven: 700 watts
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
Waiting time: 15 minutes
This easy, elegant dish is made with medium-size fresh shrimps.
Really nice, served in shells.
This recipe for Mexican Shrimps Vallarta serves/makes: 3
The Mexican Shrimps Vallarta recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Microwave