How to cook Mexican Tacos with Broiled Halibut
- 6 ounces halibut (or cod) fillet
- 2 teaspoons olive oil to drizzle
- 1 cup salsa, medium to hot
- 1/2 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Lettuce, chopped
- Red pepper, chopped
- Lime wedges
- 4 flour tortillas (fajita size)
- Place halibut on foil lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle with a small amount of olive oil.
- Place under broiler and broil 8-10 minutes on low.
- The thickness of the fish will determine how long to broil. It is done when it flakes with a fork.
- Remove and set aside.
- While fish is cooking, mix together the salsa, sour cream, black beans and cumin.
- Warm 4 tortillas by grilling or steaming.
- Arrange fish equally on 4 warm tortillas, top with salsa mixture, garnish with lettuce and red pepper.
- May serve with lime wedges.
This recipe for Mexican Tacos with Broiled Halibut serves/makes: 4
The Mexican Tacos with Broiled Halibut recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Halibut
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled