How to cook Microwave Baked Cod
- 2 pounds (0.9 kg) fresh cod, cut into 6 fillets
- 1 pound (454 g) fresh asparagus
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cold water
- 3 tablespoons (45 g) unsalted butter or olive oil (45 mL)
- 2 medium-size garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) freshly chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) tarragon
- Juice and grated rind of 1/2 a lemon
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) heavy cream
- Salt and pepper
- Cut off and throw away the hard end of each asparagus (it will break-up easily just where the tender end of the asparagus starts).
- Wash asparagus arrange asparagus in a microwave-safe long enough dish.
- Pour in cold water sprinkle with a pinch of sugar.
- Cover dish microwave asparagus on 'MAXIMUM' for 5 to 7 minutes, until tender.
- Check for doneness with the tip of a knife.
- Remove asparagus from cooking juices, reserving both, asparagus and cooking juices.
- Keep asparagus warm.
- In a clean microwave-safe large enough dish, mix together butter or olive oil, minced garlic cloves, chopped parsley and tarragon.
- Microwave on 'MAXIMUM' for 3 minutes, stirring once.
- Arrange cod fillets on top of mixture, lemon juice, grated lemon rind and reserved asparagus cooking juices.
- Salt and pepper, to taste cover dish.
- Microwave on 'MEDIUM-MAXIMUM' for 6 minutes.
- Arrange asparagus all over fish fillets cover and microwave on 'MEDIUM' for 2 minutes.
- Transfer cod fillets and asparagus onto a warm serving plate.
- Pour cream into cooking juices, microwave on 'MAXIMUM' for 3 minutes.
- Stir sauce well pour all over cod fillets.
This recipe for Microwave Baked Cod serves/makes: 6
The Microwave Baked Cod recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Cod
Preparation Method: Microwave