How to cook Microwave Baked Mullet Turbans
- 2 pounds mullet fillets, skinless, boneless
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Cornbread Stuffing (see below)
- 6 lime wedges
Cornbread Stuffing Ingredients:
- Divide mullet fillets into 6 portions. Sprinkle mullet fillets with salt and pepper.
- Line 6 greased 10- ounce microwave-safe cups with mullet fillets, overlapping ends of fillets.
- Divide stuffing into 6 equal portions and place stuffing in center of each fillet.
- Brush tops with butter. Cook in microwave on high for 10 to 12 minutes, rotating the custard cups every 3 minutes.
- Fish is done when it flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Garnish with lime wedges.
How to cook Cornbread Stuffing
- 1/2 pound mild pork sausage
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups toasted cornbread cubes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- Place sausage in 1 1/2 quart microwave-safe dish.
- Cover with paper towel. Cook in microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add vegetables to sausage and continue cooking an additional 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
The Microwave Baked Mullet Turbans is a very affordable dish. Delicious simple, and easy recipe. Can be ready in 30 minutes.
This recipe for Microwave Baked Mullet Turbans serves/makes: 6
The Microwave Baked Mullet Turbans recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mullet
Preparation Method: Microwave