How to cook Microwave Baked Pollock with Tangy Spinach
- 4 Pollock (haddock, cod or scrod) fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- Tangy Spinach (see below)
- Light Cheese Fondue Sauce (see below)
Tangy Spinach Ingredients:
- Add lemon juice, salt and pepper and bay leaf. Cover with microwave-safe plastic wrap.
- Turn back corner of wrap to allow excess steam to escape.
- Cook the Pollock fillets on high 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from microwave and let stand covered two to three minutes to complete cooking.
- Drain cooking liquid and reserve 2 tablespoons liquid to use in cheese sauce.
- Place on microwavable serving dish.
- Prepare Light Cheese Fondue Sauce and Tangy Spinach.
- Place the Pollock fillets over spinach. Spoon sauce on top. Cover with microwave-safe plastic wrap and heat on high for 1 minute.
How to cook Tangy Spinach
- 2 (10 ounces) boxes frozen, cut spinach
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1 (8 ounces) container plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Light Cheese Fondue Sauce Ingredients:
- Microwave spinach according to package instructions.
- Drain and squeeze dry.
- Stir in yogurt, onion, flour, butter, celery salt and nutmeg.
How to cook Light Cheese Fondue Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons reduced fish-poaching liquid
- 4 (3/4 ounces) slices light American cheese, cut in strips
- 1 teaspoon pimiento, chopped
- 1/4teaspoon dry mustard
- Microwave butter in 1 quart measure or bowl on high 30 seconds or until melted. Blend in flour.
- Gradually add milk and poaching liquid, stirring constantly.
- Microwave 3 to 5 minutes or until sauce boils and thickens, mixing well after each minute continue microwaving 1 minute.
- Add cheese, microwave 30 seconds to 1 minute or until sauce is hot and smooth.
- Stir in pimiento and dry mustard.
This recipe for Microwave Baked Pollock with Tangy Spinach serves/makes: 4
The Microwave Baked Pollock with Tangy Spinach recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Pollock
Preparation Method: Microwave