How to cook Microwave Haddock Stew with Cauliflower
- 1 1/2 pounds (680 g) haddock or cod fillets, skinned and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) sunflower oil
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) cornstarch
- 3 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cauliflower, cut into flowerets
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) skimmed milk
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) chopped parsley, to garnish
- Into a large microwave-safe casserole, mix together onion, celery, carrots, garlic and bay leaf.
- Mix in sunflower oil cover.
- Microwave for 7 to 8 minuntes on 'MAXIMUM', until soft.
- Mix in cornstarch, tomatoes, cauliflower flowerets and milk.
- Cover and microwave for 5 minutes on 'MAXIMUM', stirring at half-time.
- Delicately mix in haddock fillets, pepper.
- Microwave for 8 to 10 minutes on 'MAXIMUM', until fish can easily broken-up with a fork.
- Vegetables should remain 'al dente'.
- Leave to rest for 2 minutes, covered.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Oven: 700 watts
Waiting time: 2 minutes
You must try this excellent, nourishing fish dish!
Serve along with fresh, whole wheat bread.
This recipe for Microwave Haddock Stew with Cauliflower serves/makes: 4
The Microwave Haddock Stew with Cauliflower recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Haddock
Preparation Method: Microwave