4 - 6
How to cook Minced Eel with Sesame Rice Crackers
- 3/4 pound baby eel, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon diced garlic
- 2 tablespoons diced shallots
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped lemongrass
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red chili
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped wood ear mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon five-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon Vietnamese curry powder
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped peanuts, to garnish
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, to garnish
- 1 red chili, thinly sliced, to garnish
- Sesame seed rice crackers (banh trang me), can be substituted with non-flavored corn tortilla chips, to serve
- Saute garlic, shallots, lemongrass, chili and mushrooms in the oil.
- Add five-spice powder, curry and eel.
- Saute for 5 minutes, or until eel is cooked.
- Place on a platter and garnish with peanuts, cilantro and chili.
- Serve with Sesame Seed Rice Crackers.
The Vietnamese Minced Eel with Sesame Rice Crackers recipe easy to prepare and so good!
The Vietnamese name for this recipe is Luon Xao Lan Xuc Banh Trang Me
Wood ear mushrooms are used, primarily for texture. However, any fresh mushroom that adds texture and flavor is a good substitute. Some dried varieties will also work.
This recipe for Minced Eel with Sesame Rice Crackers serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Vietnamese Minced Eel with Sesame Rice Crackers (Luon Xao Lan Xuc Banh Trang Me) recipe is adopted from The Food of Asia by Kong Foong Ling.
Main Ingredient: Eel
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed