6 small tacos
How to cook Mini Fish Tacos with Mango Habanero Salsa
- For Fish Tacos:
- 2 tilapia fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil + 2 more tablespoons for cooking
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 6 mini white corn tortillas
- 2-3 cups shredded red cabbage
- Shredded cheese (optional)
- Hot sauce (optional)
- For Mango Habanero Salsa:
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, and diced into small cubes
- 2/3 cup fresh pineapple chunks, cut into small cubes
- 1 habanero pepper, finely chopped (depending on the season, you might want to remove ribs and seeds and rinse the pepper for a milder taste)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Juice from 1 lime
- You can also add avocado chunks, but I left it out this time
- Cover a baking sheet or dish with foil and combine 2 tablespoons of olive oil, soy sauce, and lime juice in the dish. Add tilapia fillets and flip to coat in marinade. Sprinkle top sides with paprika and place in the refrigerator to marinate for 20 minutes.
- While waiting on the tilapia, combine mango, pineapple, habanero, red onion, cilantro, and lime juice in a medium bowl. Toss until ingredients are mixed together. Be sure to snack on some of the salsa with tortilla chips, but be warned: It’s addicting!
- When tilapia is finished marinating, heat remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add tilapia fillets and cook for 2-3 minutes on one side or until you have a light brown sear around the edges.
- Flip and cook another 2-3 minutes on the other side. Reduce heat slightly to finish cooking thoroughly for another 4-5 minutes. Fish should be flakey, yet still tender and no longer transparent in the center. Transfer to a plate and break up into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat tortillas in the microwave or on a low setting in the oven. Add tilapia, shredded cabbage, and a few tablespoons of the mango salsa (and any other toppings you desire). Serve the Fish Tacos right away.
- Tip: Wash those tacos down with a simple Fresh Homemade Margaritas!
The Mini Fish Tacos
with Mango Habanero Salsa recipe very simple to cook and very tasty too!
This recipe for Mini Fish Tacos with Mango Habanero Salsa serves/makes: 6 small tacos
The Mini Fish Tacos with Mango Habanero Salsa recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Tilapia
Preparation Method: Sandwich