How to cook Misua with Patola and Mussels
- 1 pound cooked mussels, removed from shells and chopped
- 1-1/2 lb. Patola (Lufah), peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 4 ounces Misua noodles
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger, cut thin and small
- 3/4 cup onions, chopped
- 1 tomato, sliced small
- 1 stalk spring onions, chopped for garnish
- 2 tablespoons patis (fish sauce)
- 4 teaspoons wonton flavor powder
- 5-6 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute garlic until toasted brown. Remove and set aside.
- Saute in order onions, ginger and tomato.
- Add chopped cooked mussels and saute for another minute. Add patis (fish sauce).
- Pour water, cover and bring to a boil. Add wonton flavor powder.
- Add patola and continue in medium fire until cooked but not overcooked.
- Add misua noodles and simmer in low fire with cover left open for 3 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with toasted garlic and spring onions.
- Serve the Misua with Patola and Mussels hot with steamed white rice.
The Misua with Patola and Mussels
is a very affordable dish. Great tasting food is easy to cook and is also healthy
Don't be afraid to substitute meatballs, shrimps
or shredded cooked chicken or combination for the chopped cooked mussels in this soup recipe.
This recipe for Misua with Patola and Mussels serves/makes: 4 servings
The Misua with Patola and Mussels recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Philippine Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mussels
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew