How to cook Monkfish, Bacon and Mushrooms Kebabs
- 2 pounds monkfish, cleaned, trimmed and cut in 1-inch cubes
- 8 oz rind-less streaky bacon rashers
- 2 cups small mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 oz olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and oregano in a shallow bowl large enough to hold all the monkfish cubes in a single layer.
- Mix well, add the monkfish, and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Drain the monkfish, reserving the marinade.
- Thread a piece of bacon on to a kebab skewer.
- Add a cube of marinated monkfish, then a mushroom, weaving the bacon between them.
- Continue to add the marinated monkfish and mushrooms, each time interweaving the bacon, until the skewer is full.
- Add a second rasher of bacon if necessary.
- Fill five more skewers in the same way.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill the monkfish kebabs under moderate heat for 10-15 minutes, basting frequently with the reserved marinade.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
This recipe for Monkfish, Bacon and Mushrooms Kebabs serves/makes: 6
The Monkfish, Bacon and Mushrooms Kebabs recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Monkfish
Preparation Method: Barbecue