How to cook Monkfish with Tomato and Mushroom Sauce
- 1 pound monkfish fillets, outer membrane trimmed
- 3/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 pounds plum tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1 pound mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes; cook until reduced to thick puree, stirring often about 10 minutes. Mix in half of garlic and half of parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in another large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; saute until brown, about 7 minutes. Mix in remaining garlic and parsley; saute 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Place the monkfish fillets in 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Brush 1/4 cup oil over; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F (180°C). Pour 1/2 cup water over fish; roast until fish is almost opaque in center, about 20 minutes longer. Spoon off most juices. Spoon tomatoes and mushrooms over fish; pour cream over. Roast until heated through, about 10 minutes. Garnish with sliced basil and serve.
The Monkfish with Tomato and Mushroom Sauce is popular Scottish dish.
This recipe for Monkfish with Tomato and Mushroom Sauce serves/makes: 4
The Scottish Monkfish with Tomato and Mushroom Sauce recipe is adopted from Bon Appetit Magazine - May 2004, A Taste of Scotland.
Main Ingredient: Monkfish
Preparation Method: Baked