How to cook Moroccan Baked Sea Bream
- 2 whole sea bream (or sea bass, walleye), about 3/4 - 1 pound each
- 2 lemons
- 20-22 olives (pitted)
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- On the day before cooking, wash lemons and slice into thin rings. Remove seeds. Place the lemon rings in a bowl, sprinkle with a little salt. Cover and leave at room temperature overnight.
- On the next day clean the fish, remove the entrails and gills. Rinse the fish under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Make several diagonal slashes on each side of a cleaned fish, maybe every inch or so. Rub with salt and pepper inside and out.
- Wash cilantro, dry and disassembled into leaves. Place them in cavity of each fish. Lay the fish on a baking dish.
- Whisk olive oil with paprika, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Rinse the salt off the lemon rings. Top the fish with lemons and arrange the olives around the fish. Drizzle with spicy olive oil.
- Place in preheated oven to 400°F (200°C), bake for about 30 minutes, basting from time to time with pan juices.
- Remove the baked fish from the oven. Cover with a sheet of foil and leave for 7-10 minutes.
- Serve the Moroccan Baked Sea Bream with a green salad.
The Moroccan Baked Sea Bream
recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Moroccan Baked Sea Bream serves/makes: 2 servings
The Moroccan Baked Sea Bream recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Bream
Preparation Method: Baked