2 - 4
How to cook Moroccan Baked Trout with Dates
- 2 medium whole trout
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup cooked rice
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ounce butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 315°F (160°C).
- Clean trout, rinse under cold water. Dry with sheets of absorbent paper.
- Combine dates, rice, onions, almonds, cilantro and cinnamon in bowl.
- Spoon seasoning mixture into fish cavities, close opening with metal skewers. Place on baking sheet.
- Brush fish with melted butter, sprinkle with combined pepper, ginger and sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden. Sprinkle the Moroccan Baked Trout with Dates with cinnamon, before serving.
The Moroccan Baked Trout with Dates recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Moroccan Baked Trout with Dates serves/makes: 2 - 4
The Moroccan Baked Trout with Dates recipe is adopted from A Taste of Africa: Traditional and Modern African Cooking by Dorinda Hafner.
Main Ingredient: Trout
Preparation Method: Baked