4 - 6
How to cook Moroccan Broiled Whole Bass
- 1 whole striped bass (sea bass or red snapper) weighing about 4 pounds, cleaned, head and tail intact
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- Juice of 1 lemon or lime
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed chili
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, cut in wedges, for garnish
- Reserving a few sprigs of coriander for garnishing, combine all the ingredients except the fish in an electric blender and mix until smooth. With a sharp knife, make three slashes in the skin.
- Smear the mixture in the fish cavity and over the skin. Leave to marinate at room temperature for about 2 hours.
- Broil the marinated fish for about 10 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of the fish.
- Arrange the Moroccan Broiled Whole Bass on a serving platter, garnish with coriander and lemon wedges.
This recipe for Moroccan Broiled Whole Bass serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Moroccan Broiled Whole Bass recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Bass
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled