How to cook Moroccan Fish Balls in Tomato Sauce
- For Fish Balls:
- 1 pound fillets of any firm, white-fleshed, salt water fish (I used hake)
- 1/8 teaspoon saffron threads
- 4 teaspoons water
- 1 egg
- 2 feathers green onions, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 4 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 2 slices white bread without crust
- Salt to taste
- For Tomato Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for frying
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 can (14-ounces) diced tomatoes in their own juice
- 1/2 cup water
- Add saffron to a cup with 4 teaspoons of warm water and let infuse for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse the fish fillets and pat dry with paper towels. Cut into small size.
- Put the fish in a food processor or blender with green onions, parsley, cilantro, bread, saffron infused water, and salt. Mince thoroughly.
- Wet your hands and form the fish mince into small balls a little larger than walnuts.
- Place the fish balls on a tray and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the tomato sauce.
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add the chopped onions and garlic, stir fry for about 4-5 minutes.
- Then add the spices, salt, mashed tomatoes with juice, and 1/2 cup of water; bring to a boil.
- Put the fish balls in the skillet with the tomato sauce and simmer over low heat until done, about 15 minutes.
- Serve the fish balls hot with an easy side dish.
- Goes well with steamed rice, mashed potatoes or couscous.
The Moroccan Fish Balls in Tomato Sauce
recipe very easy to cook and very tasty too!
This recipe for Moroccan Fish Balls in Tomato Sauce serves/makes: 4 servings
The Moroccan Fish Balls in Tomato Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Hake
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered