How to cook Moroccan Fish Soup
- 2 pounds swordfish fillets (or mixed swordfish, cod, halibut, etc.)
- 1 large onion, peeled sliced and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- A pinch cayenne pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 6 cups water
- Skin and bone the fish if needed. Cut into small (3/4 inch) pieces.
- Put all ingredients except the fish, into a large soup pot, bring to a boil, lower heat, and cook uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Add the fish and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve the Moroccan Fish Soup immediately with a baguette.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 45 mins
The Moroccan Fish Soup is a very tasty and healthy meal.
This is a flavorful, spicy soup that happens to be Moroccan but will remind you of fish soups found from Spain to Russia. It is a classic!
This recipe for Moroccan Fish Soup serves/makes: 4 servings
The Moroccan Fish Soup recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Swordfish
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew